Association Jeanne Jugan
The Association Jeanne Jugan is a Catholic lay organization that provides men and women with an opportunity to share in the spirituality of the Little Sisters of the Poor. We participate in their mission of hospitality to the elderly and we help to spread the charism of Saint Jeanne Jugan through our various activities.
New members go through a year of formation before formalizing their membership in a ceremony on May 1st, the feast of St. Joseph, patron of the Little Sisters of the Poor. Members renew their vows in a ceremony that takes place each May 1st thereafter.
At the Jeanne Jugan Residence, A.J.J. members participate in the following:
- We volunteer in the Home, helping with special activities and household tasks, wherever we are needed;
- We serve as lectors and Eucharistic ministers in the chapel;
- We visit Residents, whether they are room bound, in the hospital, or just in need of some extra attention;
- We help the Little Sisters during meal service;
- We host a monthly dinner in the French Café for 12 Residents, where we decorate the café with flowers and table cloths and focus our attention on getting to know them better.
If you are interested in joining the Association Jeanne Jugan, please contact Sr. Mary Bernard at firstname.lastname@example.org
“God will help us; the work is his.”
– Saint Jeanne Jugan